SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
- Relocation Support Available-
The Tiffany Workshop in Pelham, NY is known throughout the world for its fine jewelry and illustrious collections that symbolize the essence of distinctive craftsmanship, quality, timeless beauty and expressions of joy. The High Jewelry Jeweler is responsible for fabricating one-of-a-kind, high jewelry pieces, in gold and platinum, within the Tiffany and Company aesthetic and quality standards.
At Tiffany, we recognize the vital role our employees play in maintaining our competitive advantage. Therefore, we reward you with industry-leading compensation packages that include health, well-being and retirement programs, and a variety of other valuable benefits eligible as of day one.
The High Jewelry Jeweler has the skillset to support the construction and fabrication of High Jewelry. He or she will have experience working extensively in platinum and gold with all varieties of colored stones and diamonds. Jewelers are responsible for working with others to support projects from conception to the end when projects goals are met.
- Primary responsibilities include supporting the Tiffany Workshop jewelry manufacturing aesthetic and integrity to create unique and enduring jewelry pieces with diamonds and gemstones.
- Focus on improving overall efficiency by adhering to Tiffany and Company prescribed routing steps and within standard times for completion of jewelry pieces and key projects flowing through the Tiffany Workshop. Functions and responsibilities will be carried out in full compliance of quality standards, project timelines, gemological requirements, work instructions and procedures. Use appropriate tooling as required.
- Expedite repairs of all levels of complexity precious-metal jewelry pieces for own work and assigned tasks.
- Communicate effectively to provide updates on project status, issues, and concerns. Identify potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise.
- Perform other duties to support departmental objectives and deliverables including but not limited to setting and polishing work as assigned to support departmental objectives and deliverables.
- Verify the accuracy of work orders in terms of but not limited to: tracking location, CODC if applicable, high value components.
- Immediately report any discrepancies.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Jewelers, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor. Contributes to 5S improvements as demonstrated at your workstation and within the department.
- Bench jeweler experience –working with high end and/or one-of-a-kind jewelry.
- Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
- Experience working with diverse materials (e.g., platinum, yellow gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with clients and multiple staff levels.
- Organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Professional work ethic demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security; attendance.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
- Experience with performing and expediting jewelry repairs.
- Flexible to work overtime to support the needs of the business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency using computers
- Jewelry/Manufacturing industry experience.
- Diamond and colored gemstone setting experience, high end jewelry.
- Technical understanding of polishing and setting jewelry manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with diamonds and colored gemstones –certification preferred.
- Experience setting diamonds and colored gemstones.
- Accredited Jewelry certification
The hiring range for this position ranges from $37.49 – $50.71 per hour. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates’ relevant skills and experience.