Gold works, Colorado’s one and only hands-on custom jewelry experience, is seeking an experienced bench jeweler to join our team. As a front runner in custom jewelry design and production, we are on the leading edge of taking our clients’ ideas, and turning them into reality. Our ability to push the limits of industry standards and client expectations set us apart from any other custom design studio. At Gold works, we strive for perfection in every aspect of our craft. Many of our creations are one of a kind pieces that incorporate our client’s stones and/or metals from preexisting jewelry. Therefore, every shop team member must posses the ability to adapt and problem solve on a regular basis.
– Assess jewelry for repairs and accurately communicate instructions to the sales team.
– Assemble moderate to highly detailed custom pieces from rough cast to polish.
– Repair client jewelry in a timely manner, and to the required quality control standards.
– Consistently meet deadlines for custom and repair jobs with minimal assistance.
– Fabricate necessary parts and pieces when needed to complete a project.
– Set diamonds and colored gemstones of various sizes and shapes
– Routine shop maintenance and cleaning.
– A minimum of 3-5 years working experience in a retail jewelry business.
– Experience working with precious metals including:
Various karats of white gold, yellow gold, rose gold and platinum
Sterling and Continuum silver
Contemporary metals (Steel, Titanium, Tungsten)
– Stone setting experience using various setting methods including:
Prong setting (Tiffany style, shared prongs, french set)
– Knowledge of, and experience in standard jewelry repair services such as:
Ring sizing up and down.
Prong re-tipping and rebuilding as needed for diamond and colored gemstone settings.
New ring shank installation.
Stone setting and tightening.
Refurbishing/Rebuilding damaged jewelry.
– Competent use and experience using a jeweler’s torch and laser welder for jewelry assembly
– Must be able to maintain a safe and presentable work space and a professional appearance.
Every bench is equipped with a microscope, pneumatic hammer/Graver-max, flex shaft, and various hand tools. Our store also has a laser welder, a laser engraver, multiple CAD stations, milling, and on site casting capabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 /year
Jeweler: 3 years (Preferred)
Bench Jeweler: 3 years (Preferred)
Jewelry: 1 year (Preferred)
Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Leave A Comment