• Inspect all incoming jewelry from overseas and domestic manufacturers.
• Approve and reject items based on internal standards and customer requirements
• Maintain and update computer records and logs for all jobs (i.e. jewelry movement, rejections, etc).
• Follow proper procedures for maintaining, storing, and eliminating all jewelry items, both finished and components.
• Performs other related duties as requested by management.
Abilities and skills:
•Ability to read small print (inscriptions) and check quality of work on small parts, or entire pieces of jewelry items.
•Use of a loupe and knowledge of diamonds.
•Knowledge of quality control basics: Polishing, Soldering/assembling, Setting, Finishing.
•Knowledge of metals – Gold, silver, Platinum, etc.
•Ability to communicate with outside vendors and internal teams.
•Ability to operate a computer, inventory software systems and office equipment.
•Ability to excel in a fast-paced, growing environment.
•Graduate Gemologist preferred.
•Criminal conviction checks, background checks and drug screening are required for employment.