About the job
Since 1940, the Hamlington family has been Renowned for fine Jewellery, Luxury Watches and hand-crafted Bespoke Commissions. Born in Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter and now located in the heart of Medieval Warwick, we have maintained our Jewellery workshops to high standards since our inception.
We continue to produce a range of fine jewellery designed and made from our team and workshops.
There has been significant investment in the business over recent years and to support with the next phase of growth, we are currently looking for an experienced Goldsmith to join our young, fun and exciting team.
The job will be based in our Jewellers workshop in warwick and hold the position of Workshop Manager.
We also have a window workshop for the customer to see what we do. Plus a current luxury lounge renovation, ready for Christmas, where a bench will be placed to talk directly to our customers for an experience driven private appointments.
We are looking to expand the workshop further and bring in a small team for the successful candidate to develop.
The right individual will be able to assess, alter, and repair all types of fine Jewellery including setting gemstones required to create bespoke pieces on request. They will ideally use their experience and knowledge to work within their own team but also to liaise with customers on alterations, and creation of new pieces.
Experience in claw, rubover, pavé, gypsy and bezel setting.
This is a very special role within a very forward thinking business striving to re-write how a Luxury Bespoke Jewellers should be. We are fun and we love pushing our ourselves to succeed together….
If this job role interests you, please Come and join us
• Creation of bespoke pieces (with external design input) from fine materials
• Ensure customer repairs are carried out to the highest quality standards
• Support the production of special commissions for clients
• Displays a positive and clear manner with customers and provides concise advice regarding repairs, alterations, and bespoke pieces
• Manage workload efficiently and effectively to meet agreed timescales
• Quality control work to ensure pieces meet design specifications and internal quality standards
• Work across and support the Sales, and Aftersales Team
• Take responsibility for a safe working environment in the workshop ensuring all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to
• Maintain client confidentiality at all times
• Represent the brand image of Hamlingtons ensuring positive impact on all suppliers and customers
• Over 5 years bench experience (essential)
• Strong eye for detail and strives for high standards across all areas of their work
• Able to assess and repair a wide variety of items in gold, silver, and platinum
• Proficient at setting diamonds and coloured gemstones into fine pieces (essential)
• Experience creating bespoke and in repairing fine pieces, including high value pieces
• Works well within agreed timescales
• Knowledge of fine metals and gemstones in relation to the creation of and repair of a variety of pieces
• A flexible and collaborative approach
• Experience with laser welding machinery and micro setting is essential
Permanent, full time.
Dependent on experience and skill level £30-50k
Please send your CV and covering letter to us by using the applicaiton form below.