3100 Far Hills Ave Dayton OH 45429
WATCH Polisher/Quartz Timepiece Maintenance Technician
James Free Jewelers (Dayton, OH) is seeking a qualified Watch Polisher/Quartz Timepiece Maintenance technician.
The role will report to the Watch Workshop Supervisor. This role will encompass responsibilities of a Quartz Timepiece Technician and polisher.
- Perform polishing-related activities including sanding, satin finish, cleaning
- Follow predefined instructions and operating procedure recommended by manufacturer
- Ensure the proper functioning of the polishing workshop
- Watch Technicians are responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of the client. This includes:
- Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
- Using the sizing strap provided by the Sales Professional, adjusts the watch to ensure an optimal fit for the client.
- Cleaning cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
- Replacing pins and screws.
- Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advises if the watch passed or failed. Provides a copy of the printed results for the customer.
- Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
- Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
- Maintaining equipment and tools in good working order.
Successful candidates will exhibit the following attributes: a sense of initiative, commitment to quality and will collaborate well with others and utilize effective and professional communication.
James Free Jewelers is EOE, no phone calls please.
Please send resume in confidence to: email@example.com
- Required experience: > 2 years
Leave A Comment