Long established, this successful Independent Retail Jeweller has been a long-time authorized ROLEX retailer. An opportunity to further heighten their brand commitment has arisen and consequently they are to open their own in-house watch servicing facility. The first stages have already taken place such as workshop build and procurement of a Senior Manager able to overview all that is aftersales -the search is now on to build the accompanying watchmaking team. Job role:-There are several opportunities for previously qualified watchmakers to take up their relevant next bench position.
- The mission is to implement the exacting standards of repair and servicing to an agreed brand standard from which no deviation will ever be made.
- Operationally you need exceptional self-organization and an ability to succinctly converse to your team colleagues and peers to ensure all required parts are correctly procured in readiness for your expertise.
- You are able to handle multiple tasks in an orderly manner from preparation of estimates to timely completion of a set number of required servicing tasks appropriate for your capability level.
- From time to time, it may be that your technical expertise could be called upon to assist either the sales team with their brand understanding or indeed a VIP customer with a particular enquiry that your intervention may happily assist. Requirements:
- You will need to have professional / recognized horological training.
- WOSTEP / BHI or a Degree in Horology is considered to be the minimum standard – there is also interest should applicants already have accreditation from any specific named Luxury Watch brands.
- Your career to date may just be commencing or alternatively you already have established a great reputation for your bench craft in assembling, repairing and servicing watches.
- As there are varying points of future sign off which will allow certain servicing to be undertaken or otherwise. Once assessed the successful appointee will need to be open for further horological and brand tutoring.
- Importantly as a new department within the business this will require a level of patience and forward understanding. Being surrounded by so much newness all will take time to correctly imbed and run as smoothly as will be the ultimate intention. This opportunity has phenomenal career move validity. You will be in at the start able to challenge and grow based on the immense enthusiasm for this new initiative that will potentially surround you. Uniquely as well your future employer has the opportunity to request brand training that over a period of time can empower your bench work to stretch ever further forward and heighten your horology knowledge to be at the highest-level industry attainable. Several watchmaker(s) are required at varying levels of proven / bench tested capability so please have the confidence to forward your CV to Jolyon here at JML and we can helpfully direct matters forward as excitingly may be required