Job Title: Watchmaker
Reports to: Store Director /Service Manager
Division: Retail, Service
The Watchmaker is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance, service and performing quality control checks on watches in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of our customers. The Watchmaker is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch, ultimately enhancing the client experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In-Store Watch Maintenance
• Service a watch completely.
• Clean cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
• Replacing pins and screws.
• Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advise if the watch passed or failed. Provide a copy of the printed results for the customer.
• Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
• Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
• Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
• Conduct quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
• Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
• Provide a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to Tourneau standards. This includes:
o Reviewing appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions as well as final wipe down and wrap.
• Support process for out-of-store watch repair
• Maintain equipment and tools in good working order.
• Engage with clients as required to provide knowledge and education on technical processes.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the craft or relevant certifications.
• Must be Rolex Level 30 Certified
• A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
• Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
• A passion for watches and excellence in service.
• Ability to be customer facing as needed.
• Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
*Tourneau reserves the right to alter or amend an employee’s job responsibilities at any time based on the needs of the business.