$17 – $30 an hour
Jeweler: 1 year (Required)
Work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
First Vibes, LLC
First Vibes LLC is an online retail company in the fashion jewelry and grillz industry. As a growing small business, we take pride in our work, moving quickly to adapt to changes in the global e-commerce market. Over the last few years, we have established brands such as Custom Gold Grillz and Niv’s Bling. We are in search of someone with a positive attitude, willing to learn and grow with our company.
This is an mid-level jeweler position and previous job experience is preferred. The majority of your day will be spent working by yourself creating and maintaining the jewelry lab. Your main responsibilities will be to create dental stone molds from customer’s teeth impressions, wax over the stone molds, cast the wax, and ultimately create grillz. We are opening a new lab and this position will be responsible for helping to create procedures and policies for all jewelry in the lab.
Work hours are M-F, 9am to 5:30pm. You will be required to work in our office location in Martinez, CA. There is no direct contact with customers, but you’ll be working together with the team inside the office. Some benefits include paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, 401k with company matching, medical/vision/dental benefits, and year-end raises and bonuses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating Stone Molds
- Wax Preparation
- Casting Sterling Silver and Gold
- Cleaning Metal Castings
- Stone Setting
- Other duties as needed for production
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 1-year jewelry production experience preferred.
- Handling machinery and tools for jewelry production and repair
- Basic casting operations; assembling a wax tree, investing, melt-and-pour using open or closed system
- Understand chemical reactions and proper management of all chemicals used in daily jewelry production and repair
- Jewelry/Grillz repair (Fitting issues, Soldering bails, pieces together)
- Jewelry/Grillz cleaning
- Jewelry/Grillz plating
- Polishing metals (filing, sanding, buffing, finishing; buff and compound material)
- Must have experience working with sterling silver and gold base metals.
- Basic alloy production and testing
- Ratio between wax and metal for casting
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Organizational skills and the flexibility to jump between different tasks.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
- Monday through Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, including two paid 10-minute breaks and an unpaid lunch break
- Paid federal holidays off
- Must be available to work in our office in Martinez, CA
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- $17.00 – $25.00/hr
- Paid federal holidays off
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- 401k with company matching
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Year-end raises and bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted employee purchases
Pay negotiable, based on experience. As part of the interview process there will be a short bench test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are looking for a full-time, on-site team member and require proof of vaccination. Initial interviews will be conducted through video calls.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Martinez, CA 94553: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Jeweler: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location