The Maria Tash brand is based in New York with worldwide headquarters and its flagship store that opened in 2004. It wasn’t until 2016 that the Tash expanded internationally with the opening of a shop at Liberty of London. Following this, the brand has continued to open piercing and jewelry destinations in Dublin (Brown Thomas), Harrods of London, and the world’s very first piercing destination in the Middle East at the Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. With a cult following of celebrities including Rihanna, Zoe Kravitz, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lawrence, and Charlize Theron to name just a few, the brand is the leading destination for influencers, industry insiders and tastemakers around the world.
This person will support our internal Repairs Team and Design Team and provide hands-on expertise to our crafted pieces at a level consistent with our time and quality standards. Bench Jewelers are familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within jewelry manufacturing and can use various levels of jewelry production techniques with semi-precious and precious materials.
- Basic-intermediate bench work, including – soldering, polishing, plating, hinge and clasp repair, stone setting, reshaping fine metal, sizing, custom work
- Evaluate jewelry to identify repairs needed to return pieces back to their original state and standards
- Inspect pieces at every step of the process to ensure desired result is obtained
- Timely communication with internal teams to provide status updates of assignments
- Maintain consistency despite fast paced environment and repetitiveness of work
- Occasional trips to the district and to the Design Team office
- Consistently follow all safety procedures
- Maintain high quality standards and ensure all work is completed on time
- Keep up with routine maintenance of tools and machinery
- Order and manage inventory of materials
- Minimum 3 years as a bench jeweler
- Applicable certification and/or education is a plus
- Ability to consistently demonstrate high quality work
- Experience working with diverse materials such as gold and other metals, gemstones, diamonds, and other small fine jewelry parts and mechanisms.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for the jewelry industry
- Inclusive team player with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized
Leave A Comment