Posted April 21, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Wallace Bishop has been owned by the same family for over 100 years with outstanding success. We remain an iconic retailer of the jewellery world and thrive on creating everlasting memories for our customers.
More Than a Jewellery Store!
Located in Newstead, our Watch & Jewellery workshop is the largest in the southern hemisphere. We are the authorised service centre to some of the most prestigious watch brands such as TAG Heuer, IWC, Baume & Mercier, Cartier and Citizen
Our workshop boasts a team of highly skilled Watchmakers, Jewellers and Technicians who strive to service our customers’ needs through tradition, quality and service.
About the role:
As a Watchmaker Apprentice you will learn all aspects of the watch repair service under the guidance of expert Watchmakers including the following:
- Battery fitting
- Circuit testing
- Band repairs and adjustments
- Movement replacements
- Quartz movement servicing
- Replacement of watch case seals
- Manual wind watch servicing
- Automatic watch movement servicing and regulating
- Chronograph watch servicing and regulating
- Dial and hand fitting
- Case and band restoration
- Clock servicing
- Spare parts duties
- Maintenance of workshop cleanliness
- Occasional other duties as requested by workshop manager including secondment to retail store
Whilst no specialty watch repair experience is required, the successful candidate will display a great passion to be part of our future and the watchmaking industry.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Good eye to hand coordination
- High level of concentration, precision and patience
- Technical Interest
- Dedication to ongoing learning and development
- Completed minimum Year 10 Qualification
- Passion for watches
- Commitment to completing a Complete 3 year watchmaking apprenticeship
- Ability to attend block training sessions at TAFE as required
Please submit your application accompanied with a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position by clicking APPLY NOW!
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake a number of recruitment assessments including Criminal History Check clearance.