. Job Summary
The Watchmaker will facilitate all aspects of watch repair, including quartz, automatic, chronograph, and multi-function mechanical timepieces; assist with stock maintenance, sales prep, customer service tasks, and quick services; and support the NY SAV team in various responsibilities and operations.
II. Key Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
After Sales Service on Timepieces
• Must have good command of watchmaking bench tools, timing equipment, water resistance equipment and procedures, cleaning machines, and casing tools.
• Must have good bench organization and organized work ability.
• Must have clean working techniques and be able to work smart and efficiently.
• Will need to carry out various service tasks, such as quartz overhauls, 2-3 hand manual and automatic overhauls, chronographs, service multi-functional integrated and module movements.
• Must be willing and able to learn new movements.
• Must be able to read and understand technical documents and follow manufacturer quality requirements.
• Stock maintenance is required, casing and uncasing, quality control checks, stock assessments, prep for polishing for stock balancing, sales and viewing appointments.
• Help organize work in progress for stock pieces.
• Stock assessments, communication of assessment results, any minor adjustments needed for stock.
• Will need to address any strap changes, battery changes, and/or any exchange of manufactured upgraded components.
After Sales Service Administration and Quality Control Activities
• Participate when needed in data entry for data log and the company’s OS system.
• When needed, assist with incoming customer service repairs, such as, organizing packaging, scanning production orders into the system, assisting with service documentation and timepieces for service in the respected area, and safely repairing boxes.
• Assist and learn spare parts, in such, learn the components that are per services, and notify the team of any spare parts that will be needed per service and/or ordered.
III. Job Qualifications
• Minimum of three years’ experience in an after sales service
• Experience in assembling high luxury watches
• Factory training is a plus
• Horological Certificate, W.O.S.T.E.P, SAWTA, CW21, Factory certification and training is a plus
• Computer literacy, MS Office, Excel
• Calm, patient, able to communicate and receive instruction and direction.
• Able to follow rules and guidelines of the department, and overall company rules and guidelines.
• Seek solutions, have the ability to stop if in need of help, and be able to ask questions if help is needed.
• Must be team oriented, have the ability to work within a small team, be open and communicative with the team, and, as a team member, know that teamwork is very important.
• Must be open-minded about stress factors, be able to work under pressure in times of team’s need to perform during annual peak times and/or situational service needs.
Leave A Comment