Job Title: Watchmaker
Reports to: Store Director /Service Manager
Division: Retail, Service
The Watchmaker is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance, service and performing quality control checks on watches in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of our customers. The Watchmaker is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch, ultimately enhancing the client experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In-Store Watch Maintenance
• Service a watch completely.
• Clean cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
• Replacing pins and screws.
• Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advise if the watch passed or failed. Provide a copy of the printed results for the customer.
• Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
• Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
• Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
• Conduct quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
• Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
• Provide a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to Tourneau standards. This includes:
o Reviewing appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions as well as final wipe down and wrap.
• Support process for out-of-store watch repair
• Maintain equipment and tools in good working order.
• Engage with clients as required to provide knowledge and education on technical processes.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the craft or relevant certifications.
• Must be Rolex Level 30 Certified
• A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
• Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
• A passion for watches and excellence in service.
• Ability to be customer facing as needed.
• Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
*Tourneau reserves the right to alter or amend an employee’s job responsibilities at any time based on the needs of the business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
SALARY RANGE $85,000-$120,000, PLUS BONUS INCENTIVE.