The watch repair technician is responsible for watch repairs and polishing.
• Assist disassembling and reassembling quartz movements and watches and identify repair problems
• Repair basic watches & movements under the close supervision of the Watchmaker
• Learn repair and quality control best practices and implement them as directed
• Assist generating report defects in movement parts and watch components
• Set up polishing machines
• Operate polishing machines following the recommended safety precautions
• Plan/replenish supplies on a timely manner
• Perform daily cleaning/maintenance on the machines
• Troubleshoot the machines and perform light repairs where possible
• Clearly express technical issues if/when they arise
• Coordinate higher level maintenance in a timely manner
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Have the ability to see details at close range.
• Candidates must have experience with quartz watches. It would be considered a plus if those candidates also have experience and knowledge of mechanical watches.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with AQL and quality assurance preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail. Able to notice tiny defects: scratches, spots, rust, lint, hair, tarnished metal, dents, deformations, marks on pieces the size of a quarter or smaller.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Word and Excel.
• Previous experience with changing batteries, putting on straps, resizing and polishing watches.
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Shinola Factory Headquarters
485 W. Milwaukee St.
Detroit, Michigan 48202