The Polisher is responsible for polishing Tiffany & Co. merchandise. The Level I Polisher will work with the Level III Polisher/Trainer to develop their ability to polish all types of merchandise serviced in the Polishing area. The Level I Polisher will be trained to polish a variety of metals (silver, platinum & gold). Their work will be periodically reviewed by the Level III Polisher/Trainer to ensure the final product meets Tiffany quality standards. .
The Polisher will follow all company and departmental safety procedures, polish all assigned work according to Tiffany & Co. quality standards, meet established deadlines and maintain monthly production levels. Make steady progress in learning the polishing craft.
Ensure that all assigned work is safeguarded and accurately recorded for tracking orders according to department procedures.
Advise Level III Polisher/trainer and management of areas of concern regarding processing, and merchandise quality.
ssist as needed in the wash line area to ensure timely completion of all work in the department.
Adapt easily to new responsibilities including the capacity to work independently or in a group environment, allowing for the flexing to all areas of Distribution, providing the necessary support to fulfill business needs.
Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedure for your position as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor..
- Technical training, or 1 – 2 years polishing experience with silver, gold or platinum.
- Ability to work in an organized manner as part of a team.
- Experience in use of multi or single speed polishing machine and various rouges to complete the task.
- Must be motivated to produce high volume, top quality serviced products while continuing to building technical skills.
- Able to effectively communicate in English.
- Must be able to follow directions accurately, learn skills, and work in a fast paced technical environment.
- Must be dependable and able to follow through to completion when given a task to do.
- Able to work extended hours including weekends as needed to support the business.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
- Experience working with a Silversmith as a finisher.
- Experience working with a Jeweler as a finisher.
- Experience in the washing of polished silver and jewelry, and pewter items.
- Understanding of the maintenance of polishing equipment and dust collection equipment.
Address: 141 Parsippany Rd, Whippany, NJ 07981, USA
Phone: (973) 526-8500