- Company: Tiffany & Co
- Country / Region : United States, RI
- City : Cumberland
- Business group: Watches & Jewellery
- Contract type: Permanent Job
- Function: Manufacturing
- Experience required: Minimum 3 years
- Reference No.: 57661
- Date of publication: 2023.08.17
Founded in New York in 1837, Tiffany & Co. is the world’s premier jeweler and America’s house of design. An iconic brand with a rich and storied heritage, Tiffany is a global manufacturer and retailer of jewelry and luxury accessories.
At Tiffany & Co., fine craftsmanship means embedding social and environmental integrity throughout the manufacturing process—from sourcing our raw materials to cutting and polishing our diamonds to crafting our jewelry. Today, we craft the majority of our jewelry products in our internal workshops and facilities, with nearly 1,500 in-house artisans. To learn more about Tiffany & Co. as well as its commitment to sustainability, please visit www.tiffany.com/sustainability.
Careers at Tiffany & Co. come in many styles. All require a passion for excellence, driving an inclusive culture, a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism, and respect for the bold elegance of our global brand. Working with us will challenge you to achieve your very best. Consider the opportunity to join us now.
Jeweler 3 will perform duties associated with the manufacture of non-complex and complex precious jewelry using materials and instructions supplied by Tiffany & Co. to meet production and quality standards within prescribed level 3 specifications. Perform duties associated with assembling jewelry pieces using the techniques of cast cleaning, laser welding, and soldering precious metals to Tiffany & Co. production and quality standards.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for your position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor.
- Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor/manager.
- Perform assembly operations such as fitting head to shank, multiple metals, cast cleaning, tumbling, and soldering of functional and nonfunctional jewelry pieces with or without stones. Use Laser Welding skills when required.
- Fabrication of tools or fixtures for assembly operations
- Utilize all assembly tools to ensure that quality standards are met
- Follow all work instructions and procedures
- Work in a team environment, maintaining a positive and respectful workplace.
- Verify the accuracy of the work orders and escalate discrepancies or concerns appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain production requirements and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as may be required
- Maintain 5S housekeeping programs.
- 2-3 years experience in assembling the following: nonfunctional jewelry with no gemstones, fitting, tampering, and drilling with a microscope or has demonstrated the ability and skill set of a Jeweler 2
- Experience with Silver, Platinum, 18KT Gold, Yellow, and Rose Gold
- Cast Clean – Sprue removal/blending, Casting lines, Repairs, Removal of casting skin, Shaping, Sizing, cleaning of windows, Burnishing
- Laser Welding, Laser tacking, Fitting
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to use a computer to pull work instructions of internal drive for reference
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and resolutions
- Ability to adapt to change for the needs of the company; flexibility is important
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work atmosphere
- Ability to work overtime and weekend overtime as business needs arise • Must be able to communicate with management and peers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- GIA Certification
- Coaching and mentoring peers