Thank you for your interest in employment with Melanie Casey! We are now accepting applications for hiring in the summer of 2019. Should you wish to apply, submit your cover letter and updated resume. Be sure to let us know why you think you’d be a great fit for our team! If there is a match with our openings, we will contact you during the summer months.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter addressing the required questions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Bench Jeweler – Full-time, One to Three Years of Experience
Melanie Casey is seeking a detail-oriented bench jeweler with one to three years of professional experience in jewelry making/metalsmithing! This full-time position will be responsible for ring resizing, post and necklace assembly, and bringing raw castings to a final polish. This position will be Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with optional overtime.
• Gold soldering
• Ring resizing
• Sprue removal
• Cleaning and polishing castings
• One to three years of professional experience as a bench jeweler
• Willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced production environment
A little bit about us at Melanie Casey:
Our fine jewelry collection is entirely handmade in our Andover, Mass. studio. We work in 14k gold and occasionally work with platinum. Our shop is growing rapidly and training will be provided, led by our highly skilled head jeweler. We believe in the benefits of technology and quality tools to produce the best possible quality of craftsmanship, so our jewelers have access to some of the best technology in the industry. We operate in a paperless environment with each jeweler working from their own dedicated iPad, and we are always looking to become more streamlined and productive.
Tasks of the job include removing sprues, grinding and cleaning up castings, and hand polishing initially. We do not have a polishing buff, so nobody ever gets stuck at a polishing machine for the day! Since this is a production environment, cast cleaning and polishing will always be part of the job, but as the role continues, we will add more training. Even though it will take a long time, the ultimate goal is to have every jeweler trained to bring a design from raw casting, to sizing, stone setting, and polishing.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to be in production jewelry as a long-term career, and will be able to take advantage of the combined years of business and jewelry-making experience at Melanie Casey. We are looking for patience, enthusiasm, and the willingness to go the extra mile to learn a new skill.
The bench jewelry position will be full-time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday. Optional overtime is typically available. Pay rate will range based on experience and skill set. Full benefits, including health insurance, paid time off and retirement plan with match, are available for all employees.
A cover letter, updated resume, and images of your work are required to be considered for this position. In your cover letter, please let us know why you are a great fit for this position! To submit your cover letter, resume, and images of your work for consideration, email email@example.com. Applications that do not include a cover letter, resume, and images of your work will not be considered.
Operations Specialist – Full-time
Melanie Casey is an emerging fine jewelry company based in Andover, Mass. We are a young business, driven by a dedicated team, but we are growing rapidly and are looking for team members who want to be a part of this exciting growth. Our line of unique, original jewelry is handmade by our talented group of on-site bench jewelers and sold online. We are on the forefront of the fine jewelry industry’s move to an ecommerce platform, and we thrive while paving our own path. We are expanding rapidly and need someone to invest their talents in our company, as we invest in their career.
We are seeking a full-time Operations Specialist to join our team of creatives in this unique and exciting entrepreneurial environment.
We are not looking for someone who enjoys monotony. This role will be varied and ever-changing, and the person who fills it will be someone who is willing to adapt to the direction of the company, as well as contribute to its trajectory.
The successful candidate will assist the Operations and Shipping teams, as well as support general office needs. This is a varied role that changes daily within a lively and energetic environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee orders from order placement to production
• Organize, pack, and ship finished orders
• Receive and process returns and repair requests along with other deliveries
• Support in keeping our product line and raw materials stocked and organized with accurate inventory information
• Email with clients in a professional, friendly tone
• Prepare the studio for client appointments
• Communicate clearly and effectively to all internal departments
• Help when needed with general office upkeep
To be a great candidate, you must demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Experience using Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets or Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful self-starter capable of working independently and in team settings
• Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Excellent organizational skills – your role will require keeping track of many things at once
• Strong attention to detail – you don’t let anything fall through the cracks
• Tech savvy with the ability to work in multiple databases at the same time
• A willingness to help wherever needed; no job is too big or too small
• A desire to contribute ideas and suggest best practices
• An interest in fine jewelry and e-commerce
This position will be full-time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday. Pay rate will range based on experience. Full benefits, including health insurance, paid time off and retirement plan with match, are available for all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include responses to the below questions. Applications without a complete cover letter and resume will not be considered.
• Why, specifically, are you applying for this position?
• What skills and abilities do you have that will be uniquely suited to this role?
• What does it mean, to you, to be organized?
• Lastly, please submit a bulleted list of the top three items from this job description that you believe you will excel at most.
Find out more about Melanie Casey online at: www.melaniecasey.com. Follow us on Instagram at: @melaniecaseyjewelry and @makersofmelaniecasey