We’re looking for a brilliant on-site goldsmith to join our very friendly team! We’ve won ‘Most Loved Jewellers’ in the UK for the past two years; voted for by hundreds of happy customers – if you’d like to be part of something special, where caring for people’s old memories and creating new ones is something you enjoy, then get in touch.
We’re not a typical independent jewellers: we’re looking for positive, fun people who relish being part of an extremely forward thinking and motivated team. Based in Basingstoke, we have a very well established customer base both locally and nationally, built up since 1979. We are located in a contemporary new premises called ‘The Cottage’, where we specialise in designing and making bespoke pieces of jewellery as well as offering a comprehensive repairs service and selling from our own collections or carefully selected brands.
You’ll carry out a significant percentage of our repairs and bespoke work in our fully equipped on-site workshop: including a polishing machine, draw bench, roll mill, rhodium plating machine, steam cleaner and PUK welder.
Essential jobbing skills required:
- Ring sizing, re-shanking, re-shaping
- General soldering work such as chain repairs and putting on charms
- Re-tipping and associated setting work
- Steam cleaning, polishing and rhodium plating
- Re-building old mounts
- Pearl drilling
- Basic stone setting and un-setting stones
- Advising customers and staff on repairs and alterations as required
- Creating new, bespoke mounts
- Melting down and re-modeling customer’s old gold
- Providing quotes verbally and by email
- Advising on jewellery design (and possibly CAD work) as required
Other elements to your role:
1. Work closely with our off-site team and liaise with our trusted suppliers
2. Provide occasional technical training and lessons learnt to the team
3. Admin: will include job costings, ordering materials and tools, simple valuations
4. Assist in providing marketing collateral: gathering suitable working images for case studies plus video content
5. Support at events such as Champagne & Canapé Evenings and Christmas events
Behaviours and Approach
1. You must share our Quality Standards in terms of product quality and exceptional customer service
2. Be a great communicator, both verbally and written
3. Have a pro-active and positive approach with the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
4. Effective at time management, prioritisation of tasks and always commercially aware
5. IT savvy and not phased about learning new systems
6. Attention to detail is paramount
7. You do what you need to do to get the job done: not a clock watcher, often goes ‘above and beyond’ because you care
8. The right cultural fit: demonstrating a natural desire for continuous personal and professional development
What’s on offer: Free parking, close to Basingstoke railway station and J6, M3. A lovely environment with café on site and Festival Place shopping center nearby. Professional development training as required. Free drinks, regular social events, structured bonus scheme and laptop.
Hours: Full time, Mondays to Fridays (with the very occasional evening and Sunday event)
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 based on experience.
If you have significant specific experience and a proven record of generating high end sales, then your remuneration will be reviewed to reflect this.
Location: 19, The Cottage, Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ
To Apply: Please email your CV with a covering letter ( cvs will _not_ be considered without this) explaining why you would like to join the Petra Team to the business owner, Mitch Lloyd, thank you and good luck!
PS: Give us some examples of why you care about doing more than just a ‘good’ job and show us some personality; it’s very important to us and our customers.
Deadline for applications: : Tuesday 21st March 9am
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
- goldsmithing: 5 years