GEM Pawnbroker is looking for an experienced bench jeweler to support our jewelry repair needs. The Bench Jeweler is primarily responsible for setting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining merchandise consistent with Company quality standards and service.
Job responsibilities and desired skills include but are not limited to:
• Chain and Clasp Repair
• Re-tipping Prongs
• Creating Stone Mounts
• Performing Channel and Platinum Rebuilds
• Advanced level understanding of jewelry repair techniques and finishing techniques
• Soldering and assembly – rings, bracelets, lockets, earrings, etc.
• Performing minor ring repair and other jewelry repairs
• Platinum experience is a must.
Minimum 4 years’ experience as a bench jewelry.
• Advanced gemstone and diamond setting skills required.
• Must have in-depth knowledge about various types of gemstones and diamonds.
• Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with jewelry repair knowledge.
• In-depth knowledge of various chemical solutions used for jewelry making/repair and should have experience working with the same.
• JA Certified Bench Jeweler (Preferred not required)
• Expertise in setting/replacing all kinds of gemstones and diamonds with different types of settings.
• Should have good knowledge, understanding and experience on working with various plating solutions.
We promote from within!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Bench Jeweler: 2 years
Jeweler: 3 years