This is special. This is a Helzberg Diamonds career.
The Helzberg name has stood for quality and service since 1915. As a member of the prosperous Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, we have over 200 retail stores across the nation. And the values that have made us America’s favorite diamond family for nearly a century – values like quality, integrity and respect – continue to drive our success. Factor in an atmosphere that makes customers and Associates alike genuinely happy, and you’ll understand why working at Helzberg Diamonds is so rewarding.
Are you most comfortable as a Retail Sales Associate working directly with customers? Do you aspire to direct and lead a team as a member of Store Management? Or, perhaps you’re interested in a “behind-the-scenes” role at our Corporate Office? Whatever your goals and aspirations, you’ll have the opportunity to determine where you best fit in here at Helzberg Diamonds.
The success of Helzberg Diamonds depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of each of our Associates. That’s why we offer them the chance to share in our success with a compensation and benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, featuring a competitive hourly wage, commission, and daily cash sales incentives, a rewarding profit sharing plan, a 401(k), health/dental/vision coverage, paid holidays – even a generous merchandise discount that increases with tenure!
Retail Store Bench Jeweler
Bench Jewelers at Helzberg Diamonds are responsible for providing high-quality jewelry repair services to clients of designated stores in a timely fashion to support store sales and the five-star shopping experience.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the effective movement of client repairs while maintaining a level of quality and turn-around time acceptable to the client.
• Ensures that gold stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
• Properly spends supply expense dollars by maintaining adequate inventory levels without excess.
• Contributes to maximizing the financial return of precious metal recoveries (hard scrap, filings, sweeps, vacuum bags, etc.) by following proper asset recovery procedures.
• Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents.
• Ensures consistency in communicating repair information by assisting in training store associates concerning repair policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, two to four years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge.
• Ability to be a good decision maker with strong problem-solving skills required.
• Must be detail oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• 1+ to 2 Years
• High School or equivalent