Number of hires for this role
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Jamie Joseph Jewelry is looking for a new jeweler to join our work family. We are a close-knit group that takes pride in making metal and gems come to life as bespoke creations. The right candidate will have great attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to adapt and learn quickly. A strong work ethic and team player is a must. This is a full-time hourly position with benefits. We are in Seattle in the heart of Georgetown. We are a fully vaccinated, non-tobacco, non-corporate atmosphere with coworkers that respect and value one another.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· Degree in metal art, or minimum of one year experience as a bench jeweler
· Experience working with silver and gold, able to clean and prepare jewelry to highest quality
· Must be comfortable with torch solder methods and laser welder
· Experience in cabochon stone setting a plus
· Able to perform basic jewelry work such as ring sizing, assembling of multi-metal ring, assemble of parts and findings, and basic metal fabrication skills
· Passion & knowledge of colored gemstones
· A production mindset
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Exceptional communication skills
· Ability to adapt and learn quickly
· Exceptional work ethic (optimizing efficiency and quality)
· Punctual and productive with exceptional time management
· Communicates easily & easy-going demeanor
· Ability to focus and concentrate in a busy open environment
· Must be a team player and able to sit while doing repetitive tasks
***Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
We have a great staff with talented people, casual dress, and a team-oriented work environment. Studio has an open floor plan, so candidate must be able to stay focused in a bustling environment.
We are a creative company that strongly believes that beauty has the power to inspire, bring joy, provide comfort, and elevate quality of life. We expect our staff to join us in our mission dedicated to the trade and craft of making fine handmade jewelry, while contributing to a positive work environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our website www.jamiejoseph.com, then respond with a resume and cover letter.
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be reviewed
Benefits: 401K, Pension, and Profit-Sharing Plan, Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance, PTO & Holiday Pay
We strongly believe in inclusivity – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
•Paid time off
•8 hour shift
•Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location