Laings are Scotland’s oldest family jeweller with over 175 years of experience. The family run business is now in its 6th generation with 7 stores located across the UK, 3 shops nestled within the iconic Argyll Arcade in Glasgow, 2 in Edinburgh, 1 in Cardiff and a luxurious new store in West Quay, Southampton.
The Laings culture is one of mutual trust, respect and honesty. Our staff strive to be the best in the business and our aim is to provide our customers with an unforgettable, luxurious experience whatever the occasion may be.
The Southampton store is one of pure luxury and showcases the world’s best Watch and Jewellery brands along with Hand-selected Diamonds. The fast-paced deluxe environment is rivalled only by top London Boutiques.
Full time & permanent working 38.75hrs per week, 5 days out of 7.
· Same day Clean Polish Checks (CPCs) booked into diary and completed
· New purchase sizing’s (up and down)
· Rhodium Plating
· Full range of diamond settings including channel setting, claw setting, flush setting and pave setting
· Jewellery repairs which will include, but not limited to, resizing, soldering, full and half-shanking of rings, rebuilding claws and resetting any replacement stones
· Jewellery re-modelling which will entail melting down and remaking pieces of jewellery
· Creating bespoke jewellery orders after in-house consultations with customers (including wedding bands)
· Provide estimates for repair work
· Cost and manage production of design jobs
· Ensure design money targets met
· To keep management informed of amount of work undertaken and current workload by completing regular Craftsmen Reports
· Place orders for materials required for jewellery repairs (stones, metals, etc.) and file necessary paperwork for our records
Skills & Experience Required:
· To be able to produce accurate and neat artwork
· Attention to detail
· Be able to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure and manage workload
· Ability to work as both part of a team and under own initiative
· To work well with customers and being able to understand their need and convert that into final pieces
· Experienced in all aspects of jewellery repairs working with all precious metals. These include sizing of rings, chain repairs, claw work and stone setting.
· Demonstrate customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical individuals
In return we can offer you extensive training & development opportunities, a competitive reward package, healthcare, pension, 28 days holiday, childcare vouchers, generous employee discount scheme and a warm and welcoming working environment.
Be part of our future, join us.
Agency support is not required at this time.
Job Type: Full-time