Posted October 18, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
The purpose of the retail bench jeweler is to provide the highest level of customer service, while performing jewelry repairs in a professional and timely manner.
Responsibilities For Bench Jeweler:
- Perform quality cuts and shape metal into jewelry piecing by utilizing appropriate cutting and carving tools
- Use various hand and powered tools to grind and polish metal
- Utilize various liquid solutions for cleaning/plating metal and stones
- Provide exceptional customer service and meet on-time delivery requirements
- Ensure merchandise is properly maintained according to daily inventory by use of inventory counts and proper storing of merchandise
- Work professionally with store and corporate staff as well as management, store personnel and customers
- Maintain and request tools and supplies as necessary
- Constantly pursue personal and store improvement and development by learning, sharing and updating yourself on new and more effective jeweler skills, processes and methods
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications For Bench Jeweler:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in working as a bench jeweler or in a related jewelry repair role
- Strong familiarity with watch repair
- Must possess basic jewelry repair skills including, but not limited to: chain repair, ring sizing, stone setting, welding and soldering
- Experience in working with molten metal and molds is a plus
- Wax carving knowledge preferred
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish highly preferred
- A great attitude with the ability to work with others is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Jeweler: 10 years
Required language: Spanish