Posted September 30, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
We are looking for an experienced jeweler to support our manufacturing and repair needs. This position is based in beautiful Burlington, Vermont. We are willing to offer relocation to the right candidate.
The Jeweler will be responsible for providing high-quality jewelry repair services to Perrywinkle’s customers in a timely manner and supporting our home office special jewelry repair requests as needed.
- Providing exceptional customer service and meeting on-time delivery requirements.
- Perform all requested work on jewelry to include settings, sizing, repairing and welding, soldering, polishing and cleaning consistent with Perrywinkle’s standards of quality, service, and timeliness.
- Responsibilities may include for goldsmithing, silversmithing, engraving, and wax carving.
- Ensuring gold stock, findings and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials in a secure area.
- Ensure consistency in communicating repair information by assisting in training store associates concerning capabilities and limitations
- Work professionally, efficiently, and courteously with all store and company staff, fostering teamwork and respect.
- Maintain the shop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner as directed by the appropriate management personnel.
- Maintain and request as necessary all shop supplies, to include tools and findings, adhering to established shop budget.
- Maintain, operate, service and clean as necessary all shop equipment and tools ensuring at all times safe operation and maintenance.
- Constantly pursue personal and shop improvement and development by learning, sharing, and updating yourself on new and more effective and/or efficient jeweler skills, processes, and methods.
- If present, mentor and assist in the development of Apprentice Jewelers.
- Adhere to Perrywinkle’s code of conduct.
- Must be willing to relocate to Burlington, Vermont
- High school diploma or GED
- Five to seven years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of various metals, including gold, platinum, and silver and knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment is preferred
- Ability to be a good decision maker with strong problem-solving skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, especially during peak times.
No contractors please!
At Perrywinkle’s Fine Jewelry we run our jewelry business the old-fashioned way, creating a quality product while establishing quality customer connections. We have been a Vermont-based company for over 15 years, with our roots solidly placed in Burlington, our home office, with fine jewelry stores in Vermont, Upstate NY, and Montreal.