CAD Designer – Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a link or examples from your CAD portfolio, along with a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Our CAD Designer will work alongside our product design/development and operations team, assisting in the creation and cataloguing of our 3d model collection. The CAD designer will further enhance and build out our existing product line, create new custom designs for one of a kind pieces based on images/sketches, and create new CADs for product development. All pieces will be designed for manufacturability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create, organize, and maintain a catalogue of 3d files
- Manage projects across multiple departments and ensure timely completion in a fast paced environment
- Coordinate file sharing among manufacturing partners
- Work closely with the Custom Design Sales Team and Product Development Designers to create functional 3d files within our manufacturing tolerances
- Operate and maintain in house printing equipment
- BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years with jewelry CAD design
- Proficiency in Rhinoceros 3d and Gemvision’s Matrix is required, including T-Splines and Rendering
- Experience working in Photoshop and the ability to hand render is preferred
- Knowledge of jewelry making production processes
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products