This CAD Designer must have experience and knowledge in all product related to DY. Responsible for execution of designs as well as ensuring the functional and aesthetic objectives.
- Create high quality complex models in a short timeframe with minimal to no supervision.
- Work independently from start to finish on a project regardless of its complexity of form, engineering or level of direction given. Understands team processes and aesthetics fluently.
- Collaborate with jewelers, setters and product development teams on all technical aspects of creation of the finished piece. Knowledge and ability to create stone settings and mechanisms with no supervision.
- Provide input on timelines to completion; translate design concept into a physical piece within established project time frame.
- Provide input and suggestions on building techniques, knowledgeable of production techniques and how to build and split models for various production processes.
- Offer feedback on technical obstacles at initial design evaluation, participate in brainstorming sessions during review meetings. Provide suggestions on production and assembly techniques best suited for project.
- Make acceptable aesthetic compromises to meet functionality needs.
- Provide guidance to fellow CAD Designers.
- Minimum 7-10 years of CAD experience specific to jewelry.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Rhino 3DM CAD software.
- Experience with Sensable Freeform Software and Art Cam are a plus.
- Experience with Solidscapes 3D printing machines and CNC machining are helpful.
- Knowledge of complex jewelry construction as well as precious metal properties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Standard office equipment.
- Must be proficient in creating solid, workable polysurface files.
- Ability to read and interpret design rendering and engineering documents.
- Must have good communication skills. Ability to communicate issues clearly in a team environment.
- Must have working knowledge of mechanisms such as hinges and clasps.
Four year BA or BS degree in Engineering or Industrial Design with a background in jewelry design preferred or the equivalent in Jewelry Industry work experience.
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Art/Creative,Other,Design
Meet David Yurman
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 1001-5000 employees · Founded 1979 · Privately Held
Company About David Yurman
David Yurman was founded in New York in 1980, and quickly became known as America’s leading fine jewelry and luxury timepiece brand for men, women, and children. Its signature gold and silver designs; diamond, pearl, and gemstone jewelry; and Swiss-crafted timepieces are renowned for capturing the essence of relaxed American luxury. David Yurman collections are available at 39 retail locations throughout the United States, France, China and at over 362 locations worldwide, through their exclusive authorized fine jewelry and timepiece network of retailers.