Posted April 12, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Zale Corporation is a leading specialty retailer of fine jewelry in North America, operating approximately 1,800 retail locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as online. Zale Corporation’s family of brands includes Zales Jewelers, Zales Outlet, Gordon’s Jewelers, Peoples Jewellers, Mappins Jewellers, and Piercing Pagoda.
Zale Corporation offers exciting career opportunities in each of the Zale businesses. We look for bright, enthusiastic and performance-driven people to join our team and become an important part of our future. We provide competitive wages and benefits for eligible positions.
The District Manager position contributes to the Company’s success by leading a district store operations team. The District Manager leads a team to create and maintain the Company’s high standards with an emphasis on merchandising & sales. The District Manager is responsible for leading all activities required to achieve the Region’s goals including:
- Unit sales performance
- Personnel management
- Customer service
- Merchandise presentation
- Loss prevention
- Expense control
- Overall district administration
- P & L
- Acting as a role model and holding employees accountable for meeting company customer service standards
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and training employees based on manpower planning is essential
- Five years or more experience in a retail sales and service environment
- Three to five years of experience in a District or Regional management role
- Accomplishments with reaching sales goals, staff development and proven communication skills are essential for this position
- Travel required (majority of travel will be store visits in local / district area)
At Zale, selling fine jewelry is our business, so it stands to reason that our store operations employees are the backbone of our business. These important positions are vital to the continuing success of our company. So, if you are enthusiastic about a dynamic working environment that focuses on people and their achievements, you’ll want to check out the employment opportunities at Zale- where you will have the chance to pursue a career, not just a job!