JEWELRY DESIGNER: We have an immediate freelance opening for a jewelry designer. The designer will work under the guidance of the Head of Design / Creative Director and will be responsible for submitting seasonal trend designs concept. MUST HAVE TECHNICAL JEWELRY DESIGNING EXPERIENCE. GIA certified preferred.
What we want you to accomplish:
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Research trends and color stories for each season and category.
- Interpret design/style trends into brand appropriate product that fits within targeted retail pricing. * ; Design brand appropriate and trend right jewelry collections.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the jewelry industry as a whole keeping up to date on innovations, trends, and techniques.
- Adhere to design calendar and deadlines.
- Prepare and finalize technical drawings of proposed product to be used for production.
- Develop spec sheets with the Design team, appropriately translate spec sheet to the specifications of each factory.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects.
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
- Stay knowledgeable of the industry standards and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related degree preferred
- Direct jewelry design experience
- Strong sense of fashion / design aesthetic and shows a passion for design
- 3-5 years of experience in jewelry product development
- Strong technical drawing abilities; hand sketching abilities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse personalities
- Strong project management skills
- Flexible, thrives in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with thorough attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Very strong knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
All applications are requested to submit a portfolio demonstrating any relevant creative design work for their application to be strongly considered.
Job Type: Contract
Required education : Bachelor’s
Required experience :
Jewelry Designer: 3 years