Posted December 8, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Gemstone Inspector to join our Quality Assurance team. The right candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and detail-oriented. This position inspects incoming and outgoing diamond and jewelry gemstone products while working closely with the quality and merchandise teams to process receipts quickly and efficiently. This position presents an outstanding opportunity to work hands on with our product and learn about the quality control process of a successful and growing online retailer.
- Inspect incoming jewelry receipts, loose diamonds and customized build-your-own product against company quality assurance standards
- Ensure all products meet Blue Nile’s industry leading quality standards
- Perform light appraisal work
- Reconcile and accept product into inventory system
- Inspect and problem-solve customer returns and defective product
- Communicate findings to quality manager, vendor, buying team and diamond and jewelry consultants as appropriate
- Contribute to Blue Nile’s industry leading accuracy and on-time shipping performance
- GIA Diamond Diploma; Graduate Gemologist diploma preferred
- 3+ years in quality assurance preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and accept direction, as well as operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to problem-solve independently and as a team
- Results oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability