The Jewelry Designer for Samuels Jewelers is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders in the development of new collections and innovative designs. The Jewelry Designer is also responsible for coordinating with factories on production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the guidance of the Merchandising team in US Corporate Office to Develop new collections & innovative designs
- Liaison between US design projects, creative design and factory implementation
- Partners with factories to maintain quality standards, expectations and FTC guidelines
- Controls and confirms master molds prior to producing samples
- 5 to 10 plus years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor of Art / Commercial Art with Majors in Jewelry Design, Metal Work and Jewelry
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA) Certification, GG Preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Adept with Photoshop / Illustrator / Rhino / Matrix software suites
- Previous experience managing and creating jewelry designs
- Up to date on the latest trends and styles
- Experience in global sourcing and product development within the jewelry industry
- Experience with Project Management, including the manufacturing & production cycle
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work effectively with other Associates, Departments and Stores
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with a professional demeanor with staff, general public, and customers
- Ability to work collaboratively with factories on design and with their product development teams
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Comprehensive CAD/CAM skills for Jewelry Design
- Thorough knowledge/understanding of diamond & color as it relates to production, specifically associated with cut, symmetry and relative to design
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Samuels Jewelers is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified associates without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or interview process should notify the Human Resource Specialist.
- 5 to 10 plus years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Leave A Comment