This position requires a wide variety of high jewelry making skills, including a proficient working knowledge of platinum and gold. The jeweler must have experience with producing hand-made models for production and manufacturing of one-of-a-kind complex pieces according to design. Responsible for execution of designs to meet the aesthetic and functional objectives, including hand fabrication and assembly of components. Must be able to collaborate with CAD Technician on specific components and mechanical solutions.
Key Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Translate design concept into physical piece within delivery time. Manufacture all one-of-a-kind pieces within established project time frame. Collaborate with CAD designer/technician, setter, and polisher on all technical aspects of creation of the finished piece.
- Physically construct new production models and initial prototype samples according to the project delivery timelines.
- Provide input on technical aspect of design during project reviews, participate in brainstorming sessions during design review meetings. Provide input on production techniques and initial labor estimates.
- Count and record individual daily production results, verify accuracy of work orders, reconcile materials used in work orders, and notify supervisor of discrepancies
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for a jeweler, as well as all safety procedures required at your work site
- 7-10 years bench experience in high-end jewelry manufacturing shop.
- Knowledge of complex and intricate jewelry construction as well as precious metal properties.
- Ability to read and interpret design rendering/engineering documents
- Ability to construct handmade elements, mechanical components, clasps, connections
- Ability to carve model elements in wax
- Ability to communicate issues clearly in a team environment
- Knowledge of colored stone properties, setting techniques and styles
- Ability to work overtime as business need arises
- Good communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry and Retail
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Production
Meet Harry Winston
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 501-1000 employees · Public Company
Harry Winston, Inc., the premier diamond jewelry and watch retailer, was founded in 1932. Harry Winston is the inventor of modern couture jewelry and is widely known as the “King of Diamonds”. The company has an unrivalled position as the most exclusive and prestigious in fine jewelry and watchmaking and is known for its expertise, handmade craftsmanship, quality gems, unique gem stone settings, and groundbreaking timepiece innovations. The jeweler is renowned for donating the world’s most famous gem stone, the Hope Diamond, to the Smithsonian Institution.
Harry Winston Inc. is headquartered in New York City, operates 35 retail salons worldwide, and intends to expand its retail network, both in the US and internationally. In addition, Harry Winston Inc. has over 150 points of distribution internationally for its exclusive line of timepieces.
Employees at Harry Winston work in a culture where pride and passion for the brand is palpable. Here, loyalty and tenure are honored just as innovation and creativity are valued. Organizational success is founded on teamwork, trust and transparency. We are looking to add talented individuals to our team who share our values and who will help us to meet our strategic business objectives. This is a growing company with a storied past and a brilliant future.