Posted November 22, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Product Design Engineer – Apple Watch : Job Description
- As a member of Apple’s Watch product design team, you will help to create the next generation of the world’s finest wearable devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the mobile experience.
- You will be exploring and developing cutting edge products and features that have never been done before. The position requires a hands-on can-do attitude, a passion for exploring all aspects of design.
- This position is absolutely hands-on, start to finish. You will brainstorm, sketch out concepts, create 3D CAD, build prototypes, test and compare options, and analyze failures on your way to mass production.
- You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Antenna, Reliability, Packaging, Safety and Marketing.
- 2+ years of hands-on, detailed product design or prototyping experience
- CAD skills (any package)
- Basic GD&T knowledge, tolerance analysis, experience creating and releasing 2D drawings
- Wide knowledge of basic engineering materials and materials selection processes
- Experience working within small teams of engineers (i.e. 3-5 people)
- Consumer electronics cross-functional knowledge: Industrial design, PCBs and flexes, EE, silicon, sensors, antennas, batteries, displays, thermals, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, executive interaction, leading meetings.
- A master of problem solving, including root cause analysis and DOE creation. Able to break down complex problems into actionable parts.
- Experience and comfort with electromechanical systems (mechatronics, robotics, actuators, motors, controls)
- Simulation skills (eg. multibody dynamics, electromechanical systems, circuits, Matlab)
As a member of Apple’s Watch product design team, you will help to create the next generation of the world’s finest wearable devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the mobile experience.
BSME, MSME preferre
Industry : Consumer Electronics
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Not Applicable
Job function : Engineering
Consumer Electronics · 10001+ employees · Founded 1976 · Public Company
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, the Mac and Apple Watch. Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.