Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Govberg is a global leader in the luxury watch market and is transforming a multibillion-dollar luxury watch industry. We have a deep understanding of the watch industry spanning decades and are now focused on building new technologies to connect watch enthusiasts from around the world.
This is an opportunity to work with the world’s leading luxury watch brands! As well, Govberg is committed to support in the continued training and education of all our Watchmakers, Technicians, and refinishers.
As a multi-faceted luxury watch retailer and e-platform; Govberg Jewelers is looking for a motivated, curious, and adaptable Watch Technician to join our growing company to support the buying, selling, and trading of luxury watches worldwide.
Watch Technician are a vital part of our ability to grow and expand our evolving business. This position puts you in direct communication with our in-house repair department, outsourced repair departments, and our internal teams here in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Maintenance Services: battery changes, diagnosis, quick services, full services.
- Inspections: evaluating watches and estimating work needed
- Polishing and refinishing as needed
- Update our computer systems with notes as needed
- Check on the status and estimated completion dates of watches in repair
- Update staff with desired requests
Skills, Knowledge, & Qualification Requirements:
- 1+ years of experience in the service and repair of luxury new and pre-owned timepieces.
- Ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter AND a dedicated team player; motivated, tenacious, and resourceful.
- Proactive, energetic attitude, desire to work in a results-oriented + deadline-driven environment.
- Desire and ability to multi-task, including working on several brands throughout the day, week, and month in a fast-paced and exciting environment. Proficiency with typing and computer literacy
- Able to use magnifying tools (handheld or watchmaker loupe) to visually inspect watches to evaluate performance, and identify aesthetic flaws
- Excellent motor skills, hand/eye coordination, and vision
- Ability to remain seated for an extended period of time
- Current Covid-19 vaccination.
- Ability to self-prioritize workload
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to both focus and multi-task when needed – the demands of this job change daily based on volume
- Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly with clients and coworkers
- Team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
Highly competitive salary with signing bonus, Relocation stipend, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and Supplemental Insurance.
We are an industry-leading, technology-driven luxury watch business. We have a large and growing Certified Pre-Owned watch business that is changing our industry and growing to take on a global scale. We offer a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere for our associates in our sophisticated new headquarters. We are a work hard, play hard atmosphere with lots of opportunities for fun as well as professional, personal, and cultural development. Govberg has been named a 2022 Top Place to Work by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Marketing materials won’t be available for a few months, but this is a great testament to everything you and your teams are doing to create a great working environment at Govberg! This award is 100% based on employee surveys and this year’s results are even better than last year.
Govberg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org