Our World leading luxury Maisons in Jewelry and Watches – Cartier, is searching for talented professionals to join our Boutique in Amsterdam. Cartier is looking for a passionate and highly professional Watchmaker.
Do you have a passion for Luxury Retail and high-end watches & jewellery? Are you interested to work in an international company in a diverse team? Are you fond of Watch technique and passionate about servicing & repairing watches? Do you like a technical challenge and are you keen to develop yourself on a continuous basis? Then this is THE job for you
As a Watchmaker, you are the technical expert on Watches being able to perform interventions according to technical guidelines. You are a very important factor in providing excellent customer service to our clients, meeting goals in terms of quality, lead times & profitability. At the same time, you are able to manage your resources efficiently and to improve the effectiveness of the service provided. Although you perform a specialist function, you possess good social communicative skills and are a team player who is able to work well with the boutique team.
– You receive & attend to after sales end-consumer and boutique colleagues (in line with Brand CS guidelines)
– You answer technical & intervention linked questions by Client and boutique colleagues.
– You are in charge of conducting product analysis & quotation including services, options, pricing and lead times.
– You provide quick repairs to products. Inc. bracelet/strap interventions (in line with Brand CS guidelines)
– You provide Complete and Maintenance Service to products up to their technical trained Level (in line with Brand CS guidelines)
– Provide polishing-refurbishing service up to technical trained and equipment level provided.
– Also provide, on occasions, exceptional workshop operation cover for events/product launches outside of the standard workshop operational hours.
– You have a good understanding of the brand’s policy and guidelines including intranet and I.T. tools and uses them effectively.
– You conduct repairs within expected quality standards for esthetical, functional, quantity, performance and expected lead times.
– You have a good understanding of his equipment and tools and uses them in a safe and appropriate manner.
– Maintain all equipment and tools to optimum working condition, which includes washing, sterilizing and cleaning on a regular basis and recommending the purchase of same if damaged/defective or that may improve the effectiveness of the service centre.
– Promote quality in order to avoid repeating errors.
– You operate in accordance with the brands` and Richemont’s technical guidelines.
– You are familiar with the brand products and services, and as necessary attends training arranged for this purpose and technical training to maintain the best working practice.
– Back-up superior in his CS linked tasks, including quality feedback tools and reporting.
– Support the estimation, intervention and control phases of customers and stock items (as foreseen in the Watch Stock Maintenance)
– You discuss issues on any trouble-related jobs or problems linked to workload or environment and provides feedback to the superiors to achieve productivity level and best working practice.
– Collaborate with boutique and CS colleagues to suggest solutions and solve issues and concerns within both environments to ensure smooth operation of the workshop and CS related operations.
– You are engaged and informed with the boutique staff and operations to build a good working relationship.
– Provide an introduction and mentoring training for new staff members in the workshop environment.
4) Administrative / Logistical
– Follow the repair flow procedures and guidelines to achieve efficient service levels.
– Manage your spare parts and consumables in the workshop to maintain stock levels.
– Organize, classify, and put all materials in the workshop in order, as to achieve a safe organised environment.
– Order replenishment and repair parts needed, follow up repairs waiting for spare parts and orders placed.
– You acquired a Watchmaker Certification (WOSTEP or equivalent)
– You built 4-5 years of Watchmaking experience with high-end luxury watches
– You have strong diagnostic skills – You are accurate & precise in your work, delivering high-quality results
– You have excellent work organization, being able to work in a high paced environment
– You understand the importance of a strong client focus & orientation
– You are great in verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
– Having knowledge & experience with SAP is an advantage
– Working in a great and professional leading Company in the Watch & Jewelry Industry
– A challenging job offering the possibility to professionally develop yourself in a Luxury commercial environment
– Attractive benefits & conditions