The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
The Watch Technician will report to the Head Watchmaker. The main responsibility of this role will be the facilitation of quartz battery replacements. Additionally, you will be expected to identify key indications of authenticity and functionality of the watches serviced. Success in this role will be achieved through leveraging a can-do attitude and meeting daily quotas.
• Accountable for servicing and authenticating quartz battery watches, as directed by the Head Watchmaker
• Responsible for assessing the authenticity and functionality of timepieces personally worked on
• Work closely with Horology leaders to assist in any requested educational or training initiatives
• Partner with Horology leaders to scale the growth of the company’s watch repair and service initiatives
• Perform any additional daily tasks as directed by the Head Watchmaker
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to service all common watch brands
• Ability to execute on communication systems
• Adept at working with technology solutions to increase productivity and efficiency
• Polished in verbal and written communication
• Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations
• Degree or certification from relevant watchmaking educational institution
• 3-5 years experience repairing timepieces
• Brand certification from major watch brand a plus