Watchmaker – Burlington, MA
Due to growth, Long’s Jewelers is seeking an experienced watchmaker to support our thriving luxury timepiece business. This role demands advanced technical expertise, including brand, model, movement, and material identification. The ideal candidate will embody a passion for watches backed by expert knowledge of watch service and repair. This role is based in our Burlington, MA corporate office.
- Determine brand authenticity and condition, both external and functional performance, of timepieces.
- Accurately diagnose and perform quality service and repair of basic to moderate complexity on customer-owned merchandise, with the aim of improving overall condition, function, and timing accuracy on both quartz and mechanical watches.
- Identify and requisition parts for repairs.
- Handle all necessary documentation and recordkeeping of service and repairs according to Long’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and efficient workspace and ensure proper use and maintenance of work tools.
- Communicate proactively with department leaders with regards to progress on various projects and overall scope of pending work.
- Participate in trainings, audits, and meetings as required, including travel when applicable.
- Assist other watchmakers to authenticate and resolve complex repairs.
- 3 – 5 years + Advanced technical watchmaking expertise, including brand, model, movement, and material identification.
- Familiar with both Swiss and Japanese movements.
- Demonstrated experience in repairing and servicing luxury watches, with skills including but not limited to: quartz/mechanical movements, chronographs, perpetual calendars, and lathe work.
- Proficient with case disassembly/reassembly of quartz, mechanical, and chronograph watches.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple service projects at the same time. Prioritization is key.
- Must possess excellent hand and eye coordination, and the ability to perform fine motor skills.
- Extremely accurate vision, natural or corrected.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and anticipate organizational needs, including the ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete projects.
This is a Full-Time position. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to: HR@longsjewelers.com