About the job
We are excited to announce a fantastic opportunity available for a ROLEX Accredited Watchmaker to join our Colchester team.
At Emson Haig we pride ourselves in offering an exceptional aftersales service to our customers. Our beautiful new showroom opened just over a year ago and is situated on Colchester’s busy high street. Our in-house service centre includes a Rolex-approved watch technicians workshop, watch cleaning room and watch polishing room. In addition to this we also have a jeweller’s workshop, jewellery polishing room and jewellery cleaning room.
The successful candidate will work in our well-equipped workshop alongside another watchmaker. As the exclusive Rolex Watchmaker on site, the successful candidate will carry out full services, dial and hand fittings, and partial repairs on all pre-qualified Rolex calibres to Rolex’s standards of quality, lead time, and cost.
In addition to this, responsibilities will also include:
· Servicing and repairing a variety of other luxury brands taken in at our Colchester and Lakeside showrooms, including Tudor, OMEGA, Longines, Tissot etc.
· Carrying out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets
· Developing and maintaining in-depth relevant brand and product knowledge which may include attending in-house and brand training
· Offering professional advice to members of the sales team as and when required
· Maintaining the highest standard of work and keeping returns to a minimum
· WOSTEP / BHI or a Degree in Horology
· Minimum of Level 30 Rolex accreditation
· Previous bench experience on Rolex watches and knowledge on Rolex products and watchmaking procedures
· Previous experience servicing and repairing both automatic and quartz movements.
· Excellent attention to detail and exceptional hand/eye coordination
· IT proficient – Confidence navigating brand platforms to order parts etc.
· Self-Organized and able to priorities workload effectively to meet deadlines
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly Competitive, depending on experience and accreditations.
· Complimentary Parking Pass
· 30% Staff Discount on selected brands upon successful completion of probation
· Access to staff room and kitchen facilities
· Extra day annual leave after 2 years’ service
· A friendly working environment
· Permanent, Full time (42.5 hours/week)
· 5 days/week, 8.30am-6pm with 1-hour lunch break
· Flexible on preferred working days (ideally Saturdays)
· Store is closed on Sundays and bank holidays
· 28 days’ annual leave, requests are submitted via our BrightHR app
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please select ‘apply now’ and provide an up to date copy of your CV.