Reporting to the Technical Supervisor, the Watch Repair Technician Level 1 is responsible to dismantle the case components of the watches, in preparation for the polishing, and also to prepare/assemble the case components of the watches, prior to encasing of the movement. The position requires a high level of dexterity and focus to handle small parts and provide a best-in class quality.
Dismantle the timepieces and insert all parts dismantled into the repair box:
•Remove the strap or the bracelet.
•Separate movement/dial/hands from the case components.
•Dismantle the watches case components (see list below).
•Ensure that the repair labels are correctly installed on the repair boxes.
•Transfer the repair box to polishing.
Case Preparation Install and assemble the watches case components in preparation of the encasing of the movement:
• Case Tubes
• Check and ensure water-resistance of the case.
Transfer to the workshop in order to terminate the repair process. Maintenance and Organization of the Workshop Follow RNA and Brands’ specifications:
• Technical procedure
• Work assignments
• Standards of Quality & Standard Time of Operations (STOs)
• Maintain Tools and Equipment
• Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and maintained at a high standard
• Proper layout and accessibility of all tools and equipment
• Maintain a cleaned, organized and safe working area
Desired Skills and Experience
High School Diploma or GDA
• Technical experience in the watch industry is preferred.
• Working experience with luxury brands is a plus.
Technical skills / abilities:
• High level of dexterity and focus to handle small parts, with a strong attention to detail.
• Understanding of Mechanical Applications is a plus.
• Ability to follow instructions and efficiently provide a high level of quality.
Other Skills and Attributes:
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• Computer skills are a plus.