Job Title: Watch Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Division: Customer Service
The Watch Technician is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance/ service and performing quality control checks on watches. The Watch Technician is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch, ultimately enhancing the client experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch
In partnership with the Sales Professionals, the Watch Technician is to “make ready” the watch for the new sale:
· Using the sizing strap provided by the Sales Professional, adjusts the watch to ensure an optimal fit for the client.
· Ensure the watch is clean to support an outstanding client experience.
· As required, set the watch to the appropriate time and date.
· In situations of trade-in, open watch to verify serial numbers for purposes of authentication.
In-Store Watch Maintenance
· The Watch Technician is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of the client. This includes:
· Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
· Cleaning cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
· Replacing pins and screws.
· Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advises if the watch passed or failed. Provides a copy of the printed results for the customer.
· Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
· Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
· Conducting quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
· Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
· Maintaining equipment and tools in good working order.
Support process for out-of-store watch repair
The Watch Technician is responsible for providing a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to Tourneau standards. This includes reviewing:
· Appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions.
· Final wipe down and wrap.
The Watch Technician is responsible for maintaining the appropriate inventory of batteries and parts and for ensuring:
· The work area, bench, tools and equipment are to be neat and clean at all times.
· Watches under the control of the watch technician are secure.
· A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
· Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
· A passion for watches.
· At least 2 years of work experience.
· Prior client services experience is desirable.
· Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
· A basic understanding of watches is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530