Role / Job Purpose:
To deliver quality partial repairs, quartz movement exchanges, quartz services mechanical watch services up to and including pillar wheel chronograph services to STS and Brand specification. Document all work carried out and maintain accurate records of all spare parts used.
• Carry out full services and partial repairs on mechanical movements from basic manual wind through to automatic complications to STS and Brand standards according to training and skill level.
• Carry out all repairs within the agreed time frame.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Pass all completed repairs to QC with all parts replaced in the sleeve.
• Reading the job card to ensure the customers’ requirements are met.
• Always using the correct techniques and tools to complete the repair.
• Ensure that all watches have the appropriate testing documentation attached to the paperwork on completion.
• Any ad hoc duties and reasonable requests that Management may make.
Following appropriate training a watchmaker must be able to produce at least 40 cell & reseals/partial repairs or 20 standard quartz movement exchanges/15 quartz chronograph movement exchanges or 15 standard quartz overhauls or 13 quartz chronograph/manual wind watches or 10 automatic wind watches or 8 integrated chronographs or 6 pillar wheel chronographs or the appropriate mix of work as directed by the workshop manager per week.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Self-motivated, well organized, good levels of concentration and attention to detail, good eye/hand coordination, able to meet targets and deadlines, basic computer skills.
Must have proven track record working on quality watches demonstrating exceptional performance, have previous bench experience and pass the appropriate STS bench test or be a qualified Brand Technician.