Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Performance and prestige. A Rolex is designed and built to last. From the conception of a Rolex watch to the time it leaves the workshop, every step of its development and manufacture follows a single critical requirement: quality. Rolex watches are crafted from the finest raw materials and assembled with scrupulous attention to detail. Every component is designed, developed, and produced to the most exacting standards.
In its perpetual quest for excellence, Rolex constantly enhances the aesthetics and technologies of its emblematic timepieces. They are an invitation to push boundaries, to reach ever higher. With, as always, the same promise of outstanding quality thanks to the Harrods complete, in-house mastery of watchmaking expertise.
As a Polisher within our Rolex team, you will thrive under the technical aspects and expectations of our Rolex watches and work in collaboration with our Aftercare Services team. You will be passionate and take the upmost pride in ensuring the best quality of work is given to our clients and Rolex watches.
About the Role
You will be responsible for refurbishment and refinishing of stainless steel and precious metal watches and bracelets in agreed SLA timeframes and in accordance with Rolex specifications and standards.
You will work in a well-equipped workshop with two Rolex accredited watchmakers with over 25 years’ experience collectively. In collaboration with Rolex, we are committed to continuous training and development for our colleagues ensuring we continue to make anything possible for our clients.
In addition to this, you will also be responsible for:
- Reviewing the job card to ensure the customers’ requirements are met.
- Ensuring all repairs are carried out using techniques and tools according to Rolex standards.
- Acting as a brand ambassador for Rolex to ensure high maintenance of all machinery, tooling & mops .
- Guaranteeing Quality Control conforms to the agreed Rolex standards of quality.
- Adhering to the required health and safety guidelines and procedures when operating machinery.
- Keeping up to date with new products & training .
You will have experience in dealing with Rolex products and will come with passion, interest and the highest standards of working.
In addition to this, you will also possess the below qualities and technical skills.
- Bench experience and previous experience in refinishing watches however, training and development opportunities will be available.
- Experience of working within a similar industry or with similar sized components.
- Previous experience of refinishing watches.
- Attention to detail with fantastic levels of concentration and good hand/eye coordination.
- Self-motivated and well organised .
- Act as an ambassador for Rolex aftercare.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise To You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods.
Fine Watches, Fine Jewellery & Luxury Jewellery Retail (Charlotte Hilling)