If you believe that timing is a key factor in your next career position, come join SEIKO Watch of America an industry leader in the field of precision timepieces! We have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, conscientious individual to join the SEIKO team at our corporate headquarters.
We are seeking a Watchmaker with a specific concentration on Mechanical Watches. For well qualified candidates, this position will be eligible to be trained to become a Grand Seiko Certified Watchmaker (there are only 4 Grand Seiko Certified Watchmakers in the US).
- Repair Mechanical Watches to the manufacturer specifications.
- Must be able to repair old complex mechanical movements, plus modern day mechanical movements.
- Perform all other repairs according to customer request, i.e., replace crystals, bands, pushbuttons etc.
- Repair must be completed to the Seiko/Grand Seiko high level of quality standards.
- 8/10 years’ experience repairing mechanical movements or a recent graduate from a horological institute.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the method required to perform complex mechanical repairs.
- Must have knowledge of the tools and equipment required to perform repairs.
- Ability to read, evaluate and adjust the timing on mechanical movements.
- Must be knowledgeable of all parts and functions and be able to improvise when parts are discontinued.
- Excellent manual dexterity skills to meet strict quality standards and daily production goals.
- Must be able to repair 2-3 mechanical watches per day.
- Ability to repair complex quartz movements is desired, but not mandatory for the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact Seiko directly at Human Resources 201-529-7934
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mahwah, NJ 07430: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How many years experience repairing mechanical movements?
Work Location: In person