Christopher Ward London first launched in 2004, establishing the world’s first exclusively online luxury watch brand. With our goal being to bring premium watches to a wide audience, we design all watches in-house using the finest Swiss components.
In 2014, we made a step forward with our operations, merging with our Swiss manufacturing partners to create our very first in-house watch movement. Our watches are entirely Swiss made and as an independent watch brand we continue to be hugely successful, shipping worldwide while maintaining our initial values.
As a growing young watch business that has is now internationally recognised their trading disciplines are far removed from that of traditional watch houses.
We champion direct dealings with our customers – cherishing this accountability while adding personal touches to advance this new era of world brand service whenever we can. CHRISTOPHER WARD is a way of life and if you share our passion and commitment – we’d gladly welcome your application.
If you are adept at changing power cells, bracelet adjustement and basic aftersales watch repairs, this is a rare opportunity to go a step further and become an in-time watchmaker, building on your existing horological knowledge.
Our workshop area is receiving increased investment and our current priority is to add an additional team member. You will receive full training from CHRISTOPHER WARD and accredited Watchmaking Educational establishments.
• Assemble mechanical time pieces
• Complete servicing of all CW models including mechanical, quartz, in-house, ETA based and Modular Chronograph movements.
• Test timepiece for accuracy and performance, using specific tools and equipment
• Test and regulate the timing of mechanical timepieces
• Record quantities and types of timepieces repaired, serial and model numbers of items, work performed
• Clean, rinse, and dry timepiece parts, using solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical watch-cleaning machines
• Set the dial and the hands onto a watch while adhering to tight tolerances
Disassembly/assembly of case and bracelet
• Liaise with Customer Service team to ensure quality control standards or repairs
• Visually checking all in-coming components (dials, cases, hands, crystals, movements etc.) for damage, marks and scratches and to ensure that they meet the agreed specification and report all quality issues
• To carry out quality control on all completed new build and aftersales watches
• Assisting other departments when required (e.g. engraving and fitting case backs, fitting straps)
• High flexibility, team oriented, hard worker
• Good organization skills
• Very detail oriented
• Computer knowledge
• Ability to remain in a seated position for an extended period of time
• Good co-ordination
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the business
• Ability to work under pressure achieving a high level of accuracy
• Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment
Competitive salary + yearly performance bonus + work pension + private health care + employee discount on watches + free parking + 25 day annual leave + extra for your Birthday!