Where we began…
Watchfinder is one of the world’s leading pre-owned watch retailers, catering to the needs of over 4.5 million visitors every year both online and in store. With over ten years’ experience, Watchfinder continues to innovate and redefine the market for pre-owned watches, tirelessly developing new and exciting ways for customers to buy, sell and interact with pre-owned watches from over fifty different brands. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is changing the way the industry works, and a great prospect for someone looking for a career in the watch industry. If you are a dedicated, enthusiastic and intuitive person, Watchfinder could well be the company for you!
We are currently seeking a Polishing Technician to join our polishing department in our Service Centre in Maidstone.The position is based within the Caseshop, which is responsible for the refurbishment of all cases and bracelets. This role will begin as a training position and progress along a set training program to achieve the goal of becoming a polisher.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career working within the watch industry. The successful candidate must show a keen eye for detail, to ensure company standards are met at all times.
Experience working in a technical environment will be beneficial, previous experience working with watches is not essential.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Ensuring productivity targets are achieved
• Visually inspecting all components to ensure they meet company standards
• Effectively operating all machinery and maintaining a clean working environment
• Working alongside supervisors to achieve acceptable polishing standards
• To ensure quality and attention to detail is always maintained to the company standard.
• You’re extremely conscientious and strive for a zero-error rate
• You’ll have effective communication skills
• You’ll be highly organised and capable of managing your own workload
• Experience of working with watches would be beneficial but is not essential
• The ability to work collaboratively in a team.
Watchfinder is committed to providing a working environment in which employees are able to realise their full potential and to contribute to its business success irrespective of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, part-time status, age, religion or belief.