Richemont owns several of the world’s leading companies in the field of luxury goods, with particular strengths in jewellery, luxury watches and writing instruments.
Richemont owns several of the world’s leading companies in the field of luxury goods, with particular strengths in jewellery, luxury watches and writing instruments.Our Maisons™ encompass several of the most prestigious names in the luxury industry including Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Piaget, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger-LeCoultre, IWC Schaffhausen, Panerai and Montblanc.
- Describe condition of the piece to be evaluated.
- Identify root cause of problems in accordance to the client request(s).
- Select the adequate service in accordance with the Brands policy while:
- Meeting the client request.
- Proposing a solution to solve the issue.
- Identify the spare parts needed to repair the evaluated piece.Dismantling
- Dismantle the timepieces and insert all parts dismantled into the repair box:
- Remove the strap or the bracelet.
- Separate movement/dial/hands from the caseCase Preparation
- Install and assemble the watches case components in preparation of the encasing of the movement.
- Check and ensure waterproofness of the case.Movement Repair
- Analyze and make decisions to define proper methodology to repair any calibre needed except those calibers that require restoration.
- Sample of movements to be repaired: o 7750 ETA o 5000 IWC o 2892ETA o P9000 o 6497ETA
- Use or develop adequate tools or processes to correct issues that can arise during the repair process.
- When necessary, resolve issues related to limited (or no) access to spare parts by fixing existing components of the piece.
- Install the dial and the hands prior to encase the movement and close the watch.
- Perform a first Quality Control to ensure that the piece is in working order.Maintenance and Organization of the Workshop
- Follow RNA and Brands’ specifications: o Tools o Technical procedure o Work assignments o Standards of Quality & Standard Time of Operations (STOs)
- Maintain Tools and Equipment: o Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and maintained at a high standard.
- Proper layout and accessibility of all tools and equipment.
- Maintain a cleaned, organized and safe working area.
- High School Diploma or GDA
- Watchmaking diploma is preferredRequired experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Watchmaking is preferred
- Working experience with luxury brands is a plus
- Watch and Jewellery polishing experience is a plusTechnical skills / abilities:
- High level of dexterity and focus to handle small parts, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and efficiently provide a high level of quality
- Ability to analyse and solve problems by using adequate processes and tools available
Should you wish to apply, simply click the “Apply” button above. We look forward to hearing from you.