About the Job
Birks. Pure Delight.
Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Watchmaker, at the Birks Head office, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Are you our hidden gem?
Under the supervision of the Service Department Manager, the Watchmaker is responsible of servicing quartz and mechanical timepieces, in a timely manner and according to the Company’s quality standards.
To do so, the Watchmaker will be expected to…
Carry out complete technical revision on watches and clocks which includes:
* The complete dismantling of the movement
* Do diagnostic examination of all movement components to identify worn or defective parts.
* Refinish the case and bracelet and ultrasonic cleaning of all components.
* Reassemble, oil, recalibrate and test the movements.
* Movement conversion from quartz to mechanical or mechanical to quartz.
* Replacing and/or repairing crystals, bracelets, clasps, crowns, pushers, indexes, dials etc.…
Our ideal candidate has…
* Professional training in Watchmaking
* 3 years of experience after completion of professional training or in a similar role or working environment
* Must have extensive technical knowledge to carry out all types of repairs on timepieces
* Expertise with Swiss and Japanese movements as well as vintage pocket and wrist watches
* Excellent organization skills, learning skills and the ability to multitask
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong team values
* Customer Service
* Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written).
* Solid knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Our promise of delight
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
* Competitive earnings
* Social benefits
* Wellness program
* Award and recognition programs
* Innovative and unique training programs
* Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?