The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The Retail Watchmaker will report to the Director of Experts. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating the authentication, diagnostics, and repair of timepieces as well as overseeing the tools, processes, and equipment, utilized by the company’s watchmakers. This position will service watches within our retail store and interact and engage with customers to communicate nuances of watch repair and service options and choreograph communication across multiple internal teams to execute a seamless consignor experience and a frictionless production pipeline.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to Director, LCO Experts.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Accountable for assessing the condition, authenticity, and functionality of timepieces personally worked on within our retail store.
• Accountable for diagnosing and performing service on timepieces of basic to moderate complexity to restore them The RealReal standards of accuracy and functionality
• Accountable for coordinating the necessary communication between all watchmakers, clients, customers and operations personnel, to receive approval on needed repairs and process accordingly
• Provide accurate and expedient simple adjustments and regulations to mechanical movements as well as battery replacement on quartz models and link additions/removal.
• Work closely with Expert Service leaders to assist in any requested educational or training initiatives
• Partner with Expert Service leaders to scale and diversify the growth of the company’s watch repair and service initiatives
• Ability to execute on communication systems
• Adept at working with technology solutions to increase productivity and efficiency
• Polished in verbal and written communication
• Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations
• Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
• Degree or certification from relevant watchmaking educational institution
• 3-5 years experience repairing timepieces
• Brand certification from major watch brand a plus
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.