Posted January 17, 2017 by Mark Esslinger
We are seeking a Watchmaker for our 5th Avenue Flagship Boutique. The Watchmaker is responsible for the repair and maintenance of incoming watches from OMEGA clients.
- Repairing exterior components of the case and full servicing and adjustment of the movement.
- Same tasks as defined for complete repair, with the addition of checking for unidentified problems, precision adjustment of the movement and timing and extremely thorough testing of the movement.
- Must be proficient with escapements, hairsprings and precision regulating tasks.
- Specialist knowledge of complicated movements or completion with satisfactory results of a post-apprenticeship course, such as WOSTEP (Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Programme).
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Drive for excellence.
- Customer Service focus.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy environment.
- Enthusiastic and self –motivated.
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Associate
Job function : Manufacturing,Engineering,Quality Assurance
Meet OMEGA Boutique
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 201-500 employees · Founded 1848 · Privately Held
The Swatch Group Ltd. is the number one manufacturer of finished watches in the world. The Group is active in the manufacture of finished watches, jewelry, and watch movements and components. It produces nearly all of the components necessary to manufacture the watches sold under its 18 watch brands and the multi-brand Tourbillon and Hour Passion retail labels, as well as the entire Swiss watchmaking industry. In addition, it operates its own worldwide network of distribution organizations. The Swatch Group is also a key player in the electronic systems sector.
The Swatch Group takes its name from the extraordinarily successful story of Swatch, one of the world’s most widely recognized consumer brand names. Less than 30 years ago, the Swiss watchmaking industry was battling a serious crisis. The first Swatch watches were released in 1983. The years since then have seen the recovery of the Swiss watchmaking industry as a whole, and the establishment of The Swatch Group as a strong, diversified industrial holding. This solid foundation has allowed the Group to broaden its reach and extend its range of brands. Today, the Swatch Group offers watches in all price categories, and Swatch Group monobrands and the multibrand Tourbillon and Hour passion retail marks hold leadership positions in all market segments:
- Breguet, Harry Winston, Blancpain, Glashütte-Original, Léon Hatot, Jaquet-Droz, and Omega in the Prestige and Luxury range.
- Longines, Rado and Union Glashütte in the high range.
- Tissot, Calvin Klein watches + jewelry, Certina, Mido, Hamilton and Balmain in the middle range; – Swatch and Flik Flak in the basic range segment.
- Tourbillon, the retail mark under which all selected Swatch Group watch and jewelry brands of the Prestige and Luxury range, as well as Swatch products are offered in a unique and exclusive multi-brand environment.
- Hour Passion, the watches and jewelry multibrand retail mark at airports.