Watchmaker / Watch Technician
Swatch Group is the world’s number one manufacturer of finished watches. With its 17 watch brands, the Group is present in all price segments, and is also active in the manufacture and sale of jewelry, watch movements and components.
Swatch Group unites, among other companies, the following watch brands under its roof: Breguet, Harry Winston, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Léon Hatot, Omega, Longines, Rado, Union Glashütte, Tissot, Balmain, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Swatch and Flik Flak. The Group has a strong distribution and multi-brand retail net with two sophisticated boutiques under the name of Tourbillon and Hour Passion. Swatch Group is also an important player in advanced nanomechanical, nanoelectronic and Bluetooth technologies essential to watchmaking and other industries.
- Assemble all case component, check and ensure waterproofness of the case
- Full service on movements: movement dismantling, replacement/ fixing of broken parts, cleaning, reassemble, rate check and adjustment
- Analyze and take decisions to define proper methodology to repair the movement.
- Use or develop adequate tools or processes to correct issues that can arise during the repair process
- Work in coordination with the rest of the team to ensure smooth operations (maintain equipment and tools, order consumables)
- Ensure all required services for the customer have been carried and the watch is ready to wear
Watchmaker / Watch Technician who, within a dynamic and growing team, will be responsible for the watch repairing process from servicing the movement to preparing/assemble the case and encase the movement.
The Watchmaker / Watch Technician will report to the Workshop Supervisor and will primarily focus on Swatch Group Brands.
The Watchmaker / Watch Technician must have the skills and experience necessary to service all types of watches from basic mechanical and quartz movements and also chronographs.
- For partial repair, watchmaking apprenticeship or Basic Certificate in Watch Repair TAFE course.
- For complete repair, completion of a watchmaking apprenticeship with satisfactory results.
- For specialist repair, specialist knowledge of complicated movements or completion with satisfactory results of a post-apprenticeship course, such as WOSTEP (Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Programme)
- Team player.
- Good communication skills
- Drive for excellence
- Customer Service focus
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy environment
- Enthusiastic and self – motivated
We are happy to offer a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance (eligible 1st of the month following 30 days, generous employer contribution)
- Immediate participation in the 401(k) and 100% vested employer match after one year of employment
- 18 PTO days per year, 23 PTO after 5 years
- 7 days per year of extended paid time off for medical, parental and military leave
- Holiday pay
- Company paid life insurance and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account, Short Term Disability, Accident/Hospital Indemnity insurance
- Employee product discount
- Internal transfer and growth potential
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus program
For more information please see https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
Human Resources Manager