M & M Jewellers deals with jewellery in 18K and 22K gold and also make designs in silver on order.
1. Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
2. Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
3. Ties or twists gold wires together, and bends to form rings
4. Smooth joints and rough spots using hand file and emery paper
5. Reshape and restyle old jewellery following designs or instructions using hand tools and machines such as jeweller’s lathe and drill
6. Appraise gemstones to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
7. Enlarge or reduce size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together
8. Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
9. Clean and polish jewellery using polishing wheels and chemical baths
• Completion of some secondary school is required.
• 3+ years experience as a jeweller or Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is required.
If eligible, please send your resume at: email@example.com
M & M Jewellers
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Vacancies: 02Salary: $22.50/hour for 37.50 hours a week
Overtime: one and half after 37.50 hours per week
Benefits: 4% Vacation Pay.
Job Location: Unit # 13, 34100 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, B.C. V2S 2C6
Leave A Comment