- Evaluate jewelry and determine its needs for service
- Make notes and discuss with Service Manager what parts are necessary to complete each service
- Answer customer and sales associate questions
- Have rapport with customers and staff
- Complete services on time to the highest quality standards
- Keep work area and equipment clean and organized
- Take direction from Service Manager for assigned jobs
- Perform chain service, ring sizing, weigh and set stones, replace broken or worn out parts, i.e. clasps, prongs and heads, and apply surfaces like high polish, brushed, etc.
- Maintain all equipment, including laser machine
- Working knowledge of all equipment and tools
- Ability to perform various types of services on most jewelry
- Knowledge of various stones and metals
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Possess tact and patience with customers and staff
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Work as a team player
- Ability to determine service required and perform various types of jewelry service
- Ability to use, or be taught on, a laser machine
- Willingness to further education through outside classes
- Complete courses with a passing grade
- Have pride in excellence
- Work independently
- Be trustworthy, honest, reliable and possess a good sense of humor
- Present as professional and neat in appearance
Education/Experience : High School diploma or equivalent; Certified Jewelers Classes and/or relevant training. Several years of experience as a bench jeweler.
Royal Jewelers has been creating unforgettable memories for almost 70 years. We offer the most desired designer jewelry and fine Swiss timepieces in New England. The warm personal attention of our knowledgeable staff and our distinctive offerings play an important role in the “Royal Experience”. We are proud to say we have customers all over the world and continue to be owned by the same family since 1948. What makes Royal so different? It’s the warm, personal touch of our knowledgeable staff and the distinctive offerings of the country’s most prestigious jewelry designers and Swiss watches that make Royal sparkle.
In addition to our consistently receiving various retail sales awards, we are especially proud of having been selected the Top Five 2016 Luxury Jeweler of the Year, Best of the Northshore, The Top 25 U.S. Retailers by Lustre Magazine, Business Retailer of the Year by the Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce, and Massachusetts Retailer of the Year from The Retailers Association of Massachusetts.
Royal Jewelers does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Royal Jewelers sales team is non-commission, therefore never pressured to make a sale. Our goal is to assist customers purchase the world’s prettiest jewelry with friendly service at a fair price. Our founder often said, “Our customers are as valuable as the jewelry we sell.”
Visit our website at www.RoyalJewelers.com for more information about our company and its unique culture.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Bench Jeweler: 1 year